John Larrysson's Column: Summer Story Chapter 6 Part 7b - Review Questions: The Bear in the Way
Review Questions: The Bear in the Way
1. When did her father leave home? (specific information)
A. It was just before noon.
B. It was late in the afternoon.
C. It was just before evening.
D. It was just before sunset.
E. It was just before dawn.
F. It was early in the evening.
2. When did her father leave town? (specific information)
A. It was after sunset.
B. It was just after dawn.
C. It was early in the night.
D. It was just before noon.
E. It was late in the morning.
F. It was just before evening.
3. Where did her father go in town? (inference, he was carrying his shopping.)
A. MTR Station
4. When her father left town, he was going to _______ . (specific information)
A. visit his grandmother
B. visit his grandfather
C. the forest at night
D. his home
E. the other side of the forest
F. the lake
5. Under what light did her father see the bear? (specific information)
D. Street light
6. When he saw the bear it was ________ . (specific information)
7. Her father hit the bear with a ______ . (specific information)
C. mobile phone
8. Why didn’t the bear eat her father? (main idea)
A. It was not hungry.
B. It was not a real bear.
C. It was a very old bear.
D. Her father ran away.
E. Her father hit the bear on the head.
F. Her father shouted at it loudly.
[Answers for Review Questions]
The Little House in the Big Woods
Chapter 6 - Part 6 - The Story of Her father and the Bear in the Way (1 of 2)
Chapter 6 - Part 7 - The Story of Her father and the Bear in the Way (2 of 2)
by John Larrysson
A native English speaker who has been teaching practical English in Hong Kong for over two decades.
General Enquiry: We welcome enquiries and feedback. Please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org