Review Questions: Milking Sukey
1. When did Laura and her mother go to milk the cow? (specific information)
2. How did Laura feel about helping her mother? (specific information)
3. Who doesn't live in a barn? (inference and the use of a negative connection between ideas)
F. There is no barn
4. What did Laura first see standing at the gate? (identifying details)
A. A dim shape
B. A tree
C. A bear
D. A cow
E. Her mother
F. Her father
5. Who tried to open the gate? (specific information)
A. The bear
B. Her mother
C. Her father
D. Her pig
6. The bear was ______ the gate. (identifying the connection between ideas)
C. far from
D. in front of
E. to the left of
F. to the right of
7. The gate opens ________. (identifying the connection between ideas)
D. with a lock and key
E. by sliding to the left
F. by sliding to the right
8. Black bears have _______. (inference)
A. long, yellow fur, and two light eyes
B. two big eyes and thin, short, brown fur
C. long, black fur, and too little eyes
D. thick dark hair and a pair of eyes
E. two long legs and a pair of blue eyes
F. two long legs and a pair of brown eyes
9. Why did Laura's mother say, “You were a good girl”? (gist)
A. She was polite.
B. She was quick.
C. She was laughing.
D. She did not walk away.
E. She did not run away.
F. She did as she was told.
10. Why didn’t the bear eat Laura? (inference)
A. The bear ate her mother instead.
B. The bear ate her father instead.
C. The bear ate the cow instead.
D. The bear ate the pig instead.
E. The bear was too surprised.
F. The bear was not hungry.
[Answers for Review Questions]
The Little House in the Big Woods
Chapter 6 - Part 3 - Milking Sukey the Cow (1 of 2)
Chapter 6 - Part 4a- Milking Sukey the Cow (2 of 2)
by John Larrysson
A native English speaker who has been teaching practical English in Hong Kong for over two decades.
General Enquiry: We welcome enquiries and feedback. Please contact us through [email protected]